Associate Professor of Medicine; Medical Director
- The effect of lecture and a standardized patient encounter on medical student rape myth acceptance and attitudes toward screening patients for a history of sexual assault. Milone JM, Burg MA, Duerson MC, Hagen MG, Pauly RR. Teach Learn Med. 2010 Jan;22(1):37-44.
Professor of Medicine
- How Residents Develop Trust in Interns: A Multi-Institutional Mixed-Methods Study. Sheu L, O’Sullivan PS, Aagaard EM, Tad-Y D, Harrell HE, Kogan JR, Nixon J, Hollander H, Hauer KE. Acad Med. 2016 Oct;91(10):1406-1415.
- Important Skills for Internship and the Fourth-Year Medical School Courses to Acquire Them: A National Survey of Internal Medicine Residents. Pereira AG, Harrell HE, Weissman A, Smith CD, Dupras D, Kane GC. Acad Med. 2016 Jun;91(6):821-6.
- How we developed and piloted an electronic key features examination for the internal medicine clerkship based on a US national curriculum. Bronander KA, Lang VJ, Nixon LJ, Harrell HE, Kovach R, Hingle S, Berman N. Med Teach. 2015;37(9):807-12.
- The Internal Medicine Subinternship–Now More Important than Ever: A Joint CDIM-APDIM Position Paper. Vu TR, Angus SV, Aronowitz PB, Harrell HE, Levine MA, Carbo A, Whelton S, Ferris A, Appelbaum JS, McNeill DB, Ismail NJ, Elnicki DM; CDIM-APDIM Committee on Transitions to Internship (CACTI) Group. J Gen Intern Med. 2015 Sep;30(9):1369-75.
- Online faculty development for implementation and use of student portfolios. Zaidi Z, Wright A, Bailey M, et al. MedEd PORTAL Publications. 2016;12:10436.
- Status of portfolios in undergraduate medical education in the LCME accredited US medical school. Jason Chertoff, Ashleigh Wright, Maureen Novak, Joseph Fantone, Amy Fleming, Toufeeq Ahmed, Marianne M. Green, Adina Kalet, Machelle Linsenmeyer, Joshua Jacobs, Christina Dokter, and Zareen Zaidi. Medical Teacher Vol. 38, Iss. 9, 2016
Professor; Director of Longitudinal Portfolios
- Hands in medicine: understanding the impact of competency-based education on the formation of medical students’ identities in the United States. Gonsalves C, Zaidi Z. J Educ Eval Health Prof. 2016 Aug 31;13:31.