Professor of Medicine
- Use of a values inventory as a discussion aid about end-of-life care: A pilot randomized controlled trial. Menon S, McCullough LB, Beyth RJ, Ford ME, Espadas D, Braun UK. Palliat Support Care. 2016 Aug;14(4):330-40.
- Kline KP, Shaw L, Beyth RJ, Plumb J, Nguyen L, Huo T, Winchester DE. Perceptions of Patients and Providers on Myocardial Perfusion Imaging for Asymptomatic Patients, Choosing Wisely, and Professional Liability. BioMed Central Health Services Research. 2017; 17:553 Published online 2017 Aug 11, doi: 10.11186/s12913-017-2510-y (accessed 8-2-17, pages 1-8).
- Winchester DE, Schmalfuss C, Helfrich CD, Beyth RJ. A Specialty-Specific, Multimodality Educational Quality Improvement Initiative to Deimplement Rarely Appropriate Myocardial Perfusion Imaging. Open Heart. 2017 May 16;4(1):e000589. doi: 1010.1136/openhrt-2017-000589. eCollection 2017 (accessed 8-21-17, pages 1-6)
- Sultan S, Partin M, Shah P, LeLaurin J, Freytes IM, Nightingale C, Fesperman S, Curbow B, Kazaglis T, Beyth RJ. Barriers and Facilitators Associated with Colonoscopy Completion in Individuals with Multiple Chronic Conditions: A Qualitative Study. Patient Preference and Adherence. 2017 May 24; 11:985-994. doi: 10.2147/PPA.S127862. eCollection 2017.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Gonzalez J, Jaber J, Barker, P.C., Markham MJ, Kittelson, SM. Palliative Care Scorecard: An Update for the Outpatient Setting. J Palliat Med. 2020 Mar;23(3):306-307. doi: 10.1089/jpm.2019.0516
- Kittelson SM, Barker, P.C., Markham MJ. The Bucket List. J Palliat Med. 2020 Mar;23(3):427, doi: 10.1089/jpm.2019.0435
- Barker, P.; Dignity Therapy Led by Nurses or Chaplains for Elderly Cancer Palliative Care Outpatients: Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Res Protoc. 2019 April. DOI: 10.2196/12213
- Paige C. Barker, MD, Neal P Holland, DO, Oliver Shore, BS(g), Robert L Cook, MD, MPH, Yang Zhang, MSc, Carrie D Warring, MBA, MHS, and Melanie G Hagen, MD. The Effect of Health Literacy on a Brief Intervention to Improve Advance Directive Completion: A Randomized Controlled Study. Journal of Primary Care and Community Health. 12: 1-8.
- Kittelson, Sheri, Al Yacoub, Raed, Barker, Paige C., Krygowski, Brenda, Pennypacker, Leslye, Gonzalez, Janelis(r), Cattier, Celine, Radhakrishnan, Nila, and Lo, Margaret. Palliative Care Education: The Past, Present, and Future. Journal of Palliative Medicine. 25(1): 6-8.