Professor of Medicine; Medical Director
- The effect of lecture and a standardized patient encounter on medical student rape myth acceptance and attitudes toward screening patients for a history of sexual assault. Milone JM, Burg MA, Duerson MC, Hagen MG, Pauly RR. Teach Learn Med. 2010 Jan;22(1):37-44.
- Revisiting patient communication training: an updated needs assessment and the AGENDA model. Arnold CL, Coran JJ, Hagen MG. Patient Educ Couns. 2012 Sep;88(3):399-405.
Professor of Medicine
- How Residents Develop Trust in Interns: A Multi-Institutional Mixed-Methods Study. Sheu L, O’Sullivan PS, Aagaard EM, Tad-Y D, Harrell HE, Kogan JR, Nixon J, Hollander H, Hauer KE. Acad Med. 2016 Oct;91(10):1406-1415.
- Important Skills for Internship and the Fourth-Year Medical School Courses to Acquire Them: A National Survey of Internal Medicine Residents. Pereira AG, Harrell HE, Weissman A, Smith CD, Dupras D, Kane GC. Acad Med. 2016 Jun;91(6):821-6.
- How we developed and piloted an electronic key features examination for the internal medicine clerkship based on a US national curriculum. Bronander KA, Lang VJ, Nixon LJ, Harrell HE, Kovach R, Hingle S, Berman N. Med Teach. 2015;37(9):807-12.
- The Internal Medicine Subinternship–Now More Important than Ever: A Joint CDIM-APDIM Position Paper. Vu TR, Angus SV, Aronowitz PB, Harrell HE, Levine MA, Carbo A, Whelton S, Ferris A, Appelbaum JS, McNeill DB, Ismail NJ, Elnicki DM; CDIM-APDIM Committee on Transitions to Internship (CACTI) Group. J Gen Intern Med. 2015 Sep;30(9):1369-75.
Associate Professor of Medicine; Associate Program Director
- Donnelly, J., Ray, A., Lo, M. C., Wardrop, R. M., Ficalora, R., & Amin, A. (2021). Common Cause and Common Purpose: Strategies to Increase Engagement in Faculty Development Activities. The American Journal of Medicine, 134(5), 691–698. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2021.01.002
- The Challenges of Teaching Ambulatory Internal Medicine: Faculty Recruitment, Retention, And Development. An AAIM/SGIM Position Paper. Fazio SB, Chheda S, Hingle S, Lo MC, Meade L, Blanchard M, Hoellein A, Brandenburg S, Denton GD. Am J Med. 2017 Jan;130(1):105-110.
- Improving residents’ clinical approach to obesity: impact of a multidisciplinary didactic curriculum. Acosta A, Azzalin A, Emmons CJ, Shuster JJ, Jay M, Lo MC. Postgrad Med J. 2014 Nov;90(1069):630-7.
- Solutions to common problems in training learners in general internal medicine ambulatory settings. Denton GD, Lo MC, Brandenburg S, Hingle S, Meade L, Chheda S, Fazio SB, Blanchard M, Hoellein A. Am J Med. 2015 Oct;128(10):1152-7.
- Effect of a multidisciplinary-assisted resident diabetes clinic on resident knowledge and patient outcomes. Lo MC, Freeman M, Lansang MC. J Grad Med Educ. 2013 Mar;5(1):145-9.
- Noronha C, Lo MC, Nikiforova T, Jones D, Nandiwada DR, Leung T, Smith J, Lee WW. “Telehealth Competencies in Medical Education: New Frontiers in Faculty Development and Learner Assessments.” J Gen Intern Med.
- Sheer A. J., Estores IM, Nickels R, Goede D.L., Lo M. C. et al. Improving burnout and well-being among medicine residents: Impact of a grassroots intervention compared to a formal program curriculum. Journal of education and health promotion.
Associate Professor of Medicine
- The Effects of Resident Peer- and Self-Chart Review on Outpatient Laboratory Result Follow-up. Hale AJ, Nall RW, Mukamal KJ, Libman H, Smith CC, Sternberg SB, Kim HS, Kriegel G. Acad Med. 2016 May;91(5):717-22.
Inpatient-outpatient Transitions for Patients with Resident Primary Care Physicians: Access and Readmission. Doctoroff L, McNally D, Vanka A, Nall R, Mukamal KJ. Am J Med. 2014 Sep;127(9):886.e15-20.
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Online faculty development for implementation and use of student portfolios. Zaidi Z, Wright A, Bailey M, et al. MedEd PORTAL Publications. 2016;12:10436.
- Status of portfolios in undergraduate medical education in the LCME accredited US medical school. Jason Chertoff, Ashleigh Wright, Maureen Novak, Joseph Fantone,
Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Hsiao C. J., Akhavan N.N., Singh Ospina N, Zaidi, Z. et al. (2021). Sexual Harassment Experiences Across the Academic Medicine Hierarchy. Cureus 13(2) doi:10.7759/cureus.13508