- Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM)
The Society of General Internal Medicine was founded in 1978 by a national group of academic general internists committed to promoting research and education aimed at improving healthcare for the whole patient.
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is a national organization of internists — physicians who specialize in the prevention, detection and treatment of illnesses in adults.
- Alachua County Medical Society (ACMS)
The Alachua County Medical Society (ACMS), established in the late 1800s, is a professional and scientific organization representing more than 1000 practicing and retired physicians, medical residents and medical school students in Alachua, Levy, Dixie and Gilchrist Counties. The Society is the local affiliate of the Florida and American Medical Associations.
- For reliable, unbiased information on a variety of health issues for patients:
- For patients and providers to make decisions about whether to have a medical test:
- For decisions about taking a medication:
- Deciding about prostate cancer screening:
- Help with making difficult healthcare decisions including Advance Care Planning and many other topics:
- Worksheets for Shared Decision Making on Diabetes, Depression, High Blood Pressure,High Cholesterol and Acute Low Back Pain from Mass General Hospital:
- Tools to help patients and providers compare alternative treatments:
- More decision making help for patients:
- Lots of clear and easy to read information and super videos for patients on health and medical issues:
- Lung Cancer Screening:
- Breast Cancer Screening for women 40 to 49:
- Interactive patient decision aids for osteoporosis screening, women’s urinary incontinence and prostate cancer treatment:
- Bottom line summaries of current issues in internal medicine (check the category “bottom line summary”):
- Community Primary Care Resources