Rebecca J. Beyth, MD
Division of General Internal Medicine
University of Florida College of Medicine
PO Box 100277
Gainesville, FL 32610-0277
Clinic Location: UF Health Internal Medicine at the Medical Plaza
For an appointment call: (352) 265-0140
|BA||Case Western Reserve University|
|MD||Jefferson Medical College|
|MS||University of Michigan||Biostatistics and Clinical Research Design|
|Residency||Michigan State University||Internal Medicine|
|Fellowship||Case Western Reserve University||General Medicine/Clinical Epidemiology|
|Fellowship||Case Western Reserve University||Geriatrics|
- Improving the quality of care and outcomes for patients with chronic disease, with a special emphasis on the use of anti-thrombotics, and understanding the relationship between aging, comorbidities, and risk stratification in clinical decision making and evidence-based medicine.
Awards and Honors:
- Recognized as one of ‘America’s Top Physician’ in the ‘Guide to America’s Tops Physicians’, Consumers’ Research Council of America
Certifications and Licensures:
- Florida Medical License
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Geriatrics
Membership in Professional Societies:
- American College of Physicians
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- Society of General Internal Medicine Anticoagulation-Thromboembolism Interest Group
- American Geriatric Society
- Gerontological Society of America
- Djulbegovic M, Beyth RJ, Neuberger MM, Stoffs TL, Vieweg J, Djulbegovic B, Dahm P. Screening for Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomised Controlled Trials. BMJ 2010;341:c4543doi:10.1136/bmj.c4543.
- Williams LS, Ofner S, Yu Z, Beyth RJ, Plue L, Damusch T. Pre-post evaluation of automated reminders may improve detection and management of post-stroke depression. JGIM 2011 Aug;26(8):852-7.
- Beyth RJ, Landefeld CS. Learning the respective roles of warfarin and dabigatran to prevent stroke in patients with nonvalvular atrial fibrillation. Ann Intern Med 2011 Nov 15;155(10):714-715.
- Heneghan C, Ward A, Perera R, Bankhead C, Fuller A, Stevens, R, Bradford K, Tyndel S, Alonso-Coello P, Ansell J, Beyth R, Bernardo A, et al. Self-monitoring of oral anticoagulation: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual patient data. Lancet 2012 Jan 28:379(9813):322-34. Epub 2011 Nov 30.
- Kang DC, Palmer D, Zarei M, Shah, P, Folsom C, Beyth RJ, Stoffs, TL, Nueberger MM, Dahm P. A systematic review on the quality of evidence of ablative therapies for small renal masses.J Urol 2012 Jan;187(1):44-7. Epub2011 Nov 16.
Please click here for a list of Dr. Beyth’s industry relationships.