Margaret C. Lo, MD
Margaret C. Lo, MD, FACP
Associate Professor of Medicine
Associate Program Director, Department of Medicine Residency Program
Director of Internal Medicine Residency Continuity Clinic
Director of Diabetes Resident Clinic at UF Health Medical Plaza
Division of General Internal Medicine
University of Florida College of Medicine
PO Box 100277
Gainesville, FL 32610-0277
Clinic Location: UF Health Internal Medicine at the Medical Plaza
For an appointment call: (352) 265-0140
|BA||Cornell University||Biological Science|
|MD||SUNY Upstate Medical University|
|Internship||University of Florida College of Medicine||Internal Medicine|
|Residency||University of Florida College of Medicine||Internal Medicine|
- Innovations in residency medical education, multidisciplinary education and resident performance on chronic disease management, and clinical outcome studies in hypertension and metabolic syndrome (obesity and type 2 diabetes).
Awards and Honors:
- Clinician Educator of the Year Award, Southern Society of General Internal Medicine (2013)
- Exemplary Teacher Award (2010, 2012)
- Excellence in Teaching Medicial Students and Residents/Fellows (2009)
- Excellence in Teaching Medical Students (2003, 2005, 2011)
Certifications and Licensures:
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Florida Medical License
Membership in Professional Societies:
- Association of Program Directors of Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians, Fellow
- Society of General Internal Medicine, SGIM Education Committee
- American Diabetes Association
- The Obesity Society
- Kennedy L, Solano M, Meneghini L, Lo MC, Cohen M: Anti-Glycation and Anti-Albuminuric Effects of GLY-230 in Human Diabetes. American Journal of Nephrology; Nov 17 2009, 31(2):110-116.
- Lo MC, Lansang MC: Recent and Emerging Therapeutic Medications in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Incretin-based, Pramlintide, Colesevelam, SGLT2 inhibitors, Tagatose, Succinobucol. American Journal of Therapeutics. American Journal of Therapeutics 2013 Nov-Dec;20(6):638-53.
- Jarajapu YPR, Caballero S, Verma A, Nakagawa T, Lo MC, Li Q, Grant MB: Blockade of NADPH Oxidase Restores Vasoreparative Function in Diabetic CD34 Cells. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science. July 2011, 52(8): 5093–5104.
- Shah NK, Lo MC, Ashfaq U, Satish P, Steven S, Nichols W, Epstein BJ: Carvedilol Reduces Aortic Wave Reflection and Improves Left Ventricular/Vascular Coupling Compared to Atenolol. The CENTRAL Study. Journal of Clinical Hypertension. November 2011;13:917–924 2011;13:917–924
- Lo MC, Freeman M, Shah A, Lansang MC: Effects of a Multispecialty Resident Diabetes Clinic on Residency Education and Patient Outcomes. Diabetes. 2011;60(suppl 1):722-P.
- Acosta A, Azzalin A, Lo MC: Impact of Obesity Training on Resident Knowledge and Perceptions. Journal of Investigative Medicine. January 2012, 60(1):374-P.
- Lo MC, Freeman M, Lansang MC: Effect of a Multidisciplinary-Assisted Resident Diabetes Clinic on Resident Knowledge and Patient Outcomes. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. March 2013, 5(1):145-149.
- McGrath KP, Aagaard EM, Lo MC, Knight CL. Effective teaching models in the ambulatory setting. Academic Internal Medicine Insight. 2013;11(2):8-9,23.
- Acosta A, Azzalin A, Emmons C, Shuster J, Jay M, Lo M. Improving residents’ clinical approach to obesity: impact of a multidisciplinary didactic curriculum. Postgraduate Medical Journal 2014 Sep 11. pii: postgradmedj-2014-132821.
- Acosta A, Emmons CJ, Azzalin A, Lo MC. “Improving residents’ clinical approach to obesity: impact of a multidisciplinary didactic curriculum.” Postgraduate Medical Journal. 2014; 90 (1069):630-7.
Please click here for a list of Dr. Lo’s industry relationships.